Thursday, May 19, 2011

First DT Project for TaDa plus Sassafras Sketch

Not sure what happened to my original post on blogger so I'm posting again, this is my first DT post for TaDa and I’m very excited that it’s finally my turn to share. I received a fabulous box of goodies from TaDa and it was hard to decide which papers I wanted to play with first, they are all soooo fantastic. Well I decided to play with the Whirly Gig Collection, since I loved how my DS shirt matched the colors in this collection.



For those of you who aren’t familiar with me I love patterned paper, and most of the time I can create an entire layout without a stitch of cardstock anywhere. So I used the Whirly Gig -Moscow paper for the base of my layout. I love the circles on this paper and since I didn’t want to waste the center of the paper that would be mostly covered by the photos I cut out the center of the paper and now I can use the inside for a different layout. BTW, I use a great circle cutter for large circles like this – I trace my dishes its a wonderful trick and you don’t have to buy a large circle cutter.

I created one of those medallion or fan flowers!! I love making these flowers and they are pretty easy to make too. The Medallion flower was made from Whirly Gig – Honolulu and before glueing the flower together I cut the edge with a pair of Pinking Scissors.

I did need to use some cardstock on this layout and choose a TaDa laser cut from the R & R collection – Stake Out. The Tag-a-ma-jigs from the Whirly Gig Collection was a paper I used a number of pieces from including the paisley which reminded me of water drops, and I also used Whirly Gig -Casablanca and Whirly Gig -Pocket Notes too.

Don't forget to enter the TaDa and Punky Sprouts Blog Hop everyday til May 27th. You can visit the TaDa Blog to get started.

Sassafras Sketch Challenge
Below is this month's sketch challenge over at the Sassafras Blog.


I used the Apple Jack Papers with a mix of Sassafras flowers, stickers, brads and alpha stickers (the yellow ones) for this layout.


Closeup of embellie cluster.


I originally picked out these papers and this pic to work on when I went to the 12 hr crop at the end of April. Didn't get a chance to start on it then, and I can't believe it took 3 weeks for me to get a chance to work on it. WOW May was a busy month. I used this great grungy boy collection from Scrap within Reach - The District, Love this collection!

No comments: