Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Create: Blog plus a Sketch-a-thon

Create: Blog

The challenge this week over at the Create: Blog was to create a card with vellum. Yep vellum, you know the stuff you probably haven't used in 2-3 years. I started working on this challenge right away. I decided I would emboss the vellum with a Spellbinders Impressabilities Circles die. The Gray patterned paper was an American Crafts piece of scrap. The flourish and journaling spot was from a company that went out of business at least a year ago, the ribbon was from a christmas present that I saved, Prima flowers (I've had for ages), Stamp is Imaginisce.



Winter Wonder Sketch-a-thon
Memorable Seasons is having a sketch-a-thon for the month of January. There will a total of approximately 20 sketches this month. I know that I won't complete them all but I was able to complete sketch #1. It was a great sketch from Liz Chidester.


I also created this layout for a challenge over at My Sketch World. The challenge is called Intitled, and what I did was use an object (the chipboard Santa) to create part of the title.

When I was creating the layout I cut the large circle and then decided I needed something else around the white circle because it was just toooo white. Well the Peppermint pattern is the backside of the white so I decided to take my circle cutter (the Kreaxions Circle Cutter from Just Imagine Crafts) and created a bordered circle. I LOVE how PERFECTLY I was able to cut these circles.

Here is a picture to better illustrate the great cuts this circle cutter makes, plus the small blue tool IS the circle cutter.

This is the first christmas related layout I have created since last February. I pulled out Crate Paper's Peppermint Collection the chipboard Santa was just the perfect touch to use on this layout. The only thing not from Crate Paper is the beautiful ribbon which is Webster's Pages.






No comments: