Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Some scrapping plus DD's room

Now that Spring Break is over and the kids went back to school and all the crazy drama is finally over I actually got some scrapping done!! YEAH!!!!!

I actually got to sit down and play with my Ta Da goodies too :). You'll have to wait til I can reveal the layout I made but I CAN post the card I created. When I was looking thru all the Ta Da goodies I saw this little worm on a fishing hook (from A little R & R collection from the Tag-a-ma-jigs) and the title just popped in my head. I also used a Sizzlin’ Summer Flower Power Mini Me laser cut (the inside of the laser cut) and the background is from the Whirly Gig Collection - Casablanca. The tag that the title is on is also from the A little R & R collection from the Tag-a-ma-jigs. I just love when you can mix and match pieces from different collections, don't you.




The Scrappiest blog sketch 116

I'm loving the sketches that Liz is creating over at the scrappiest blog. I ended up using one of the yummy new collections from Jillibean Soup, its the Dutch Mustard collection. I just LOVE the heart paper in this collection. I created the medallion flower and actually pulled out one of the OLD deco scissors I still had laying around - wow I haven't used them in forever. Well I used the scallop scissors to add a nice little finishing edge to the flower and then added the heart on top.



Another layout I did recently was using Crate Paper's School Spirit Collection. DS waiting at the bus stop on the first day of school. This photo only shows about half the kids at our bus stop, the others must have been late for the first day of school.



Tiffany's redone room
Sorry the pics look fuzzy I was out of batteries on my camera and used DH's camera to take the pics. The green is actually much brighter than it looks in the pics. The Swatch that we picked up at Lowe's from Valspar is called Sonic Lime #6007-8A but DD's room is kind of dark, it doesn't have a window and its really small.

This is what the swatch looks like.



Ok so you might think I'm crazy because in the first pic you see a glass block window, however on the other side of the window is not the outside it is my mom's bedroom and the little bit of light she gets is from my mom's window across from the glass block window. We had the bed which we bought her about 2 years ago so we knew we wanted white accents to go with the bed. I found this cute hanging picture frame thing at Pier One, DD picked the pics which I have since cut to fit the size better.


She wanted to WRITE her name on the wall,YIKES!!!! Well I wasn't going to spend all that time painting for her to write on the wall so we compromised and got these letters from Joann's. She wanted a cursive letter, we might add flowers or buttons or something to spice up the letters but for now I'm done with it.


We also purchased a new bedspread and sheets and the green fussy pillow for the bed. Tiffany liked this one and I approved it so this one was the winner. We also needed a new rug and I'm soooo happy the horrible old dark dirty tv stand is gone. I couldn't find a white tv stand, unless I wanted to spend $200-300 ummmm no thanks not in a pre-teens bedroom. So I found this nice light wood colored tv stand at Target and it was on sale. YEAH!!! That big stuffed flower by the tv was something she got last summer for her birthday, we didn't even realize it went in the room til we were looking around the house for stuff.


Finally, the dresser that DH made Tiffany when she was a baby. It was lilac and a dark purple before, now after painting it (for a second time) we decided to bring in the aqua color from the bedspread and added it to the dresser. The cute beaded lamp she got last year for her birthday but we added the touch of pink ribbon to it to dress it up a bit. She also has a bookcase in her room but at the time I took the pics it had nothing on it.

6 comments:

LisaM said...

Yay for scrappy time Lisa! Love the layouts and card! Tiffany's room looks awesome! TFS the pics!

Beeceecreativity said...

so love the projects.. but the room is fabulous...great pictures

ellen s. said...

the room looks awesome!!!!

and i love the projects,t oo

Sarah said...

OMGOSH!! Your "Waiting for the bus" LO is awesome!! I love it! and I want Tiffany's bedroom!! Nice job on all your projects :) Ps: I left you an award on my blog ;)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Wow! You are so creative! How cute is your boy!!! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining The Scrappiest!

Liz Chidester said...

I love the Jillibean you used -gotta love it!
Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!