Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WOW Life definitely got crazy on me!!

The past 10-12 days have been unbelievably crazy, and I'm really really hoping that all the craziness is OVER and hopefully I can get a little bit of scrappy time. That would be soooo wonderful. Considering I have only created ONE layout the entire of month April so far, COMPLETELY unnormal for me.

The kids had spring break, we took them on a mini vacation one of them were complaining, arguing, or crying the whole time. Not a fun vacation. Took the laptop with us - the cord broke, UGH!!! Replacing the cord cost $60, that seems pretty expensive just for a cord.

We promised our daughter who is almost 12 that we would redo her room during spring break, so on to repainting her room including the ceiling, all the trim, 3 doors, two coats of primer and then FINALLY the actual color. After DH and I actually spent 7-8 hours painting her room we discovered that there was a leak in our basement. Not good considering its right by all my scrappy stuff. Of course DH didn't WANT to fix it but had too. The next two days I spent shopping all over town to get new stuff for DD's room. New Comforter, rug, accessories, plus taking the kids to the dentist and grocey shopping too.

Thankfully DD's room is almost all complete now, oh but wait NOW we are having more pipe trouble. There is a problem with the sewer pipes, not again we had this problem last year. We called someone to come out waited several hours, he tried fixing it said the pipe was probably broken and would come back tomorrow. DH didn't believe him and he went out and rented a snake to do the job himself, which he was trying not to do because he has a bad back. That is finely done and the next day we still need to repaint DD's dresser. Hopefully everything is done breaking, PLEASE!!!

Now on to some scrappy business!
I'm a little late posting this month's XOXO challenge but considering I have barely been on the computer thru this whole time I hope you understand. So if you like Scraplift challenges, and I know you do then stop by the XOXO blog and pick one of the DT layouts to lift, you have til the end of the month to get your layout completed. This is my layout for this month over there.


So the one and only thing I have created in April is this birthday layout. I FINALLY used some of the Imaginesce Birthday line that I have wanted to play with for AGES. The problem was I only had 2 sheets of paper from the line. Its not easy to create a layout with only 2 papers. What do you think, did I do a good job?




I know I never announced the winner of the Rak I had. I hope you ladies forgive me, especially with all the amazing comments I received and everything that was going on I didn't forget just didn't have time to determine the winner.

So the names where FINALLY tallied and the winner of the RAK is
Kimberly said...
Congrats and love your layouts!

March 27, 2011 7:48 PM


Congrats Kimberly!!!! Please contact me with your mailing address so I can send you a RAK!

Something to actually get excited about I received a box of goodies STUFFED with Ta Da products!!! Woohoo I have opened the box and checked out all the goodies several times now, even showed everything to DH. I can't wait to actually create something with all that loveliness!! Bye for now.

7 comments:

Tami said...

Congrats Kimberly. OMGSH girl I am so sorry to hear about the house troubles. BTW love your birthday lo--you are soo making me want those pps girl!

LisaM said...

So sorry yo had such a bad week. Great work Lisa!

Congrats Kimberly!

Lisa in Texas said...

Beautiful layouts! I love banners!

Robin said...

I hope life calms down a bit for you so you can get back to your scrap space! I know how those times go. Great layouts! I'm now a follower of your blog.

Robin
scrapandchat.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a month ou're having, Lisa. I hope it all settles down. have fun with your new TaDa goodies!

Megan Aaron said...

congrats Kimberly! great pages Lisa!

Kimberly said...

Sorry for all the trouble...but would love to see what u did with your daughter's room..my Daughter is 12 and wants to redo her room too... Can't believe I won the RAK..Thanks! Love your layouts..