Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Sketch World June Sketch plus several other challenges

XOXO starting back up!!
The xoxo blog had a rough couple months but with the start of this month we are BACK!! On the 7th a new DT is being unveiled along with the DT projects for you to scraplift. I'm very pleased and excited to announce that I'm remaining on the DT and still a lipstick chick (which I'm very excited about)! Hope to see you over at XOXO and can't wait to see what you decide to lift.

My Sketch World June Card Sketch
Lucy from My Sketch World created a terrific card sketch this month, as usual!! Isn't it Great!!


Here is my take on the sketch using the adorable TaDa Creative Studios - Sizzlin' Summer Collection. I cut the rainbow from the Sizzlin' Summer Mini Mes paper, made the background from the Hello Sunshine paper and created a Butterfly with a Martha Stewart Butterfly punch from the plaid side of the Hello Sunshine paper. The squares and flower were also from the Mini Mes paper.



Scrappiest blog #122


I pulled out an older paper line on this one but its such a great line, Pebbles Inc Lil Buddy line. I probably only have enough scraps to squeeze out one more layout from these papers and I will be sad when I no longer have any of these papers left, they are sooo terrific. The robot is sooo cute I couldn't resist adding it to the layout!


Detail -closeup



Creative Scrappers Sketch #158
When I first looked at this sketch I must admit I was a little confused, but then I scrolled down a little more and checked out what the DT did with it and I was DEFINITELY inspired!!!!!


So when I started to pley with this sketch I decided to combine it with a color challenge over at My Scraps and More.

I started with the cloud paper & mixed and matched papers from My Mind's Eye. I also used lots of inking, distressing, and sanding on this layout. I love the tag from the breaking free collection. I also added misc brads, cork pieces, other embellies, the mini letters, and I just adore the texture from the fabrips from Studio Calico.


Detail of tag with mix of embellies.


Another detail shot Watching the Kiteboarders.


Just Imagine Crafts/Kreaxions Punches June Challenge
The June challenge is to use this sketch plus 2 punches on your layout.


I decided to use October Afternoon's Schoolhouse Collection to go with this pic of my DS on the first day of 1st grade. Thanks for such a great sketch Bev. I'm super happy with how this layout turned out. I used a border punch on the ledger paper under the picture, a notebook punch on the red paper and a corner rounder on a couple other papers.

6 comments:

Beeceecreativity said...

Lisa this is just too cute.. great papers, cute photo and thanks for playing along at Just Imagine Crafts/Kreaxions .. good luck in the random draw.. hugs Bev DT

Barbara Bruder said...

Lisa, love your layout, it is so cute. Love all the papers you chose. Thanks so much for playing along at Just Imagine Crafts/Kreaxions. Good luck in the random draw
Barbara DT

Valerie Bishop said...

Such a pretty layout!! Thanks for playing along at the JI/Kreaxions challenge!! DT Valerie

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Beautiful work in all of them!!! Thanks for visiting The Scrappiest!

Unknown said...

Love all of your work, Lisa!

GinniG said...

Lisa, it's ADORABLE!!! Thanks for playing along with the June Challenge at Just Imagine/Kreaxions! Good luck GF! Ginni DT