Wednesday, August 10, 2011

GDT Reveal for Back Porch Memories

RAK up for grabs
In honor of being a GDT this month I had to create a challenge at BPM and my challenge was to Use Your Scraps. I was sort of inspired by cards for this one. I made a number of cards recently and I LOVE digging into my scraps when I create cards and decided to do that when creating this layout. So I went searching thru my scraps and this is what I came up with. I used the scraps without cutting them, which was an extra bonus.



Plus its my month to post a card challenge over at My Sketch World this month, my challenge is to use your tools. Pull out your cricut, cuttlebug, sizzix whatever it is and use it on a card. If you complete BOTH of these challenges and post on this thread a link to your projects I will enter you into a RAK from me.

For this sample I used a spellbinders die (two different sizes) in my cuttlebug, to create this baby shower card.


Guest Designer Reveal
I was so excited to be the Guest Designer over at Back Porch Memories this month. I received the August Solo kit which featured October Afternoon's 5 & Dime Collection. My favorite part of the kit is definitely the Kaisercraft doilie's which I have picked up to purchase and then put back on the shelf several times.


I also purchased the Solo Embellishment Add on.


These are the projects I completed with this kit.
The kids just LOVE when I make this soup. They really can't get enough of it.


Close up shot of Cream of Broccoli layout. The kit included 2 mini envelopes so I included the recipe inside the envelope.


This is one of my cousin's daughter. We were enjoying a stroll and taking photos and we put the baby on the bench and I just love this photo of the baby with her little leg up in the air. I took the white ribbon in the kit and created a flower with it, wrapping it around a circle and then embellishing it with a punched piece on top.


On this card I used the negative space from the diecut that I used on the Cream of Broccoli layout. I created the base of the card to be slightly larger than the diecut. I then took the polka dot paper and added some gesso to it to tone it down a bit so I could stamp a sentiment on it. The stamp is NOT included in the kit.


This is the sketch from the August Newsletter and the layout I created with the sketch is below.





MSW August Card Reveal

Here is the Aug card sketch and the last baby shower card that I needed this summer.


I used a SRM sticker as the sentiment on this card, it was tooo perfect!

No comments: